If you are a new hostel user or you have been traveling thousands times using hostels as accommodation, we invite you to read this post about types of people that you might find in a hostel. Don’t think or assume people will be like a friendly standard traveller who wants to have a great time without messing around!
After few years of experience we have notice a few types of people, didn’t you?
- The guitarist: That guy travels with his own guitar or uses hostel’s guitars. He takes seriously his playing making serious faces and expecting to be popular between hostels guests. We have a guitar in our beach hostel in Barcelona waiting for “the guitarist”
- The smelly guy that just brought two changes clothes: Sometimes you might have asked for a room change because the guy sleeping next to your bunk bed smells like hell. It’s the one that doesn’t care for material things and like to travel light of luggage. Not worries, here in our hostel in Barcelona we have a laundry machine to wash dirty and smelly clothes!
- The guy who is 38 years old and it’s pretending that is 24: Every hostel has one dude who’s a little too old to be acting like a dude but he doesn’t really care what you think because he’s never going to see you again anyway.
- Stag and hens: that’s are the more noisy, they want to make sure that you know that someone of their group is getting married!! All guests have to know, all locals have to know, everybody in the city has to know. But we love them!
- Long stay guy: that’s the one who knows all the staff in the hostel, and all the neighbourhood. The one that already feels the hostel is his first home! In our hostel in Barcelona normally in low season we have people that feels so comfortable and extend their stay for many days!
This is just a few examples of kind of people that you might find in a hostel but there are much more!! Come to discover them… you will have an amazing time! Help us to finish this list!
We look forward to your visit to Amistat Beach Hostel!!! 🙂